Friday, September 30, 2011

Fall will come eventually...

So I want to be prepared.

In Texas, we're still holding on at an average of 90 degree highs.  I keep wishing the yellow and brown colors that have blanketed Texas were because has arrived... but sadly, it's just overcooked lawns, trees, and plants.  I'm sad to report there has been a confirmed fatality of a bush in our front yard.  I'll blog about the loss another day.

When you go to the major stores they have had fall supplies out since early September (as I assume most places... it's not still summer).  At first it irked me, as Christmas decor in October does, but I finally decided I would roll with it and hopefully my decor would encourage the weather to change seasons.

Our front door at night.  Note the pumpkin door mat. 

The display nook in the entry way.  I moved some candles off the mantle to help with the Halloween feel of the pumpkin.  I bought several of these pumpkins at Target.  They plug in and there is a small light bulb in the back.  Genius.  

This is the awesome shadow it makes on the opposite wall at night.


Mantle.  The pumpkins are faux and purchased at target.  The cinnamon broom makes my whole house smell like fall and I love that it resembles a witches broom.  The jack-o-lantern on the right is another plug in from Target.  



The fall season makes me want to get my bake on.  These will come in handy.  

Yet another faux pumpkin in the kitchen nook.  

The Husband and I also picked out a super cute bowl for Halloween candy and some fake spiders web to string over our front window and door.  I'm hopeful we'll get trick-or-treaters this year!  Too bad we're still kind of alone in the back of the neighborhood... so I doubt we'll get too many.  However, I will be prepared in the event of a ghost or goblin knocking at my door.  

No comments:

Post a Comment