Monday, November 14, 2011

Life in fast forward.

I feel like I'm living life in fast forward these days.  I can't seem to find the minutes to sit down and indulge my blog.  The last post was about Fall decor, and so much has happened since then.  I'm working on a few posts to play catch up over the next few days.  

This is the bush in the front yard that didn't survive the summer.
The coolest part about buying a new home, is that you call the warranty people when your plants die... and they replace them.  For free.  

My fall wreath (that I stole from my sister's wedding decor), and our creepy spider webs.  

$2 worth of webs really gives the effect

Roasted pumpkin seeds.  Nothing screams fall more than these!

Growing up, my family was not big pumpkin carvers.  Not sure why.  My guess is that my mom never trusted any of us with sharp objects.  I found a pattern online and this was my very first pumpkin.  I think it turned out great. 

I had so much fun doing pumpkin #1, The Husband and I attempted a much more advanced pattern.  This took us at least 2.5 hours but I think it's totally adorable.  We are obsessed with our beagle... and clearly, not afraid to show it.  

We were very prepared for trick-or-treaters.  Too bad we only had ONE.  
With our subdivision being almost brand new (within the 'master planned community') we only have a couple houses in the whole area.  Out of those houses, only one family has a child... so that's who stopped by.  The Husband and I have been working on getting this bowl to the bottom.  I anticipate we will have a complete success within the next two weeks. 

Halloween is over... I'm going out on a limb and saying 'BRING ON CHRISTMAS!'.

(No, I didn't forget about Thanksgiving... But I'm so excited about Christmas, I can hardly wait to start decorating!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment