Since my last post
we I have been in preparation mania for baby girl. It seems like there is so much to do. I have been trying to keep my hands busy, so my mind doesn't go into panic about how I will be giving birth within the next 7 weeks, and then about how we have to parent her for the next... well... forever. Thankfully, I know The Husband is in this with me, and he's the best partner I could imagine. He's really been a rock star through the pregnancy and seeing him with baby girl is going to be the highlight of my life.
Over the next few days/week, I have several posts planned.
- Nursery Reveal Photos - today!
- Baby Gear
- Birth Plan
- Hospital Checklist
All of your experienced mamas lurking on this blog... I would love your feedback, ideas and helpful hints. I am certainly a researcher by nature, but nothing beats first hand experience! So comment on the posts or email me directly! I'd love to know what worked for you!
Now... the Nursery Reveal. I'll try to include as many details as possible. If you have any specific questions, leave me a comment and I'll try to look it up! We tried to keep her (small) room very light and bright, and clearly very feminine. I didn't really have a vision for the end result... but I love the way everything has come together. I hope baby girl loves it too.
View from when you enter her room.
The door on the left side of the photo is entrance into her closet. You can see the pink/green/white stripe runs throughout the entire room.
This is the first thing hanging on her wall when you walk in. It's our family tree. This was handmade by one of my amazing friends. It's so special to me.
Another view from when you take your first step into her room.
Another step in.
Eventually, I would like to add a small bookshelf, or display case to this area. I foresee many books being read together in that rocking chair with the owl lamp on.
That quote that we had painted onto wood (see below for Etsy Shop Info) is quite possibly my most favorite thing in her room. It really speaks to me, as a mother, and what I want to instill in my daughter. That quote is something that I hope becomes apart of our baby girl's soul. I hope our little one is brave, strong, and smart.
This is the start of her library (sitting on top of the tall 6 drawer dresser)
I stalked PBK for those owl bookends to go on sale. My patience paid off! They're perfect.
This is my very first DIY Pinterest Project. A headband holder! See below for details.
You can see the things on top of the dresser from afar. You can also see how meticulous The Husband was in making sure those stripes were p.e.r.f.e.c.t.
In those baskets are cloth diapers, cremes, shampoos, etc. The bottom box holds all of the sweet cards I received at the baby shower. Someday it will be more storage.
My sister found inspiration online and created these three owl canvases. She used three kinds of fabric and glued them to individual canvases and then had them framed. I love them. I was also able to use her extra fabric for that headband holder.
On the interior wall is her crib. It was hand painted by my dad and very special to me.
I just love the bedding. My mom really wanted to buy bumpers. I'm not sure if/when we will feel comfortable using them - but because little miss will be camping out in our room for the first few months, they are there to display. We will re-evaluate in a few months. But they are very sweet.
We purchased these wooden letters off Etsy, and I love them! The Husband and I spent a solid hour and a half measuring out everything and making sure each letter was perfectly spaced. See below for details on Etsy shop.
There you have it. E's sweet room. I go in there on a daily basis and sit in the rocker and imagine what life will be like in a few very short weeks. I am so excited, nervous, anxious, and filled with anticipation about my life as a new mother. Hopefully E will be understanding and patient as I learn.
Here are the details I can remember off the top of my head. If you have any additional questions, just let me know!
- Pink Paint Color: Behr Ultra "Radient Rose" (we color matched to a Glidden eggshell)
- Green Paint Color: Glidden "Fresh Guacamole" in eggshell
- White Paint Color: Glidden base color (nothing added) in eggshell
- Tan Paint Color: That is the color the builder used throughout the house. It's called "Montgomery Sand" but I don't know the brand.
- 6 drawer dresser: Ikea Hemnes (we paid $199 on sale)
- Changing Table: Garage sale find that The Husband and I painted with leftover white paint from the walls (we paid $15)
- Rocker: Pottery Barn kids Wingback Rocker in green twill (we paid approx $700 for this chair).
- I must say, this chair was a huge splurge for us, but I bought it in green hoping that it would be used with all future children. I'm not a fan of the wooden gliders, and this chair was incredibly comfortable. We did receive a gift from a family member of cash that enabled us to swing this chair.
- Night Stand (2 drawer): Ikea Hemnes 2 drawer dresser (we paid $79 on sale)
- Crib: My mom bought it for us, and my dad painted it. (free to us) I have no idea the name.
- Curtain: Pottery Barn Kids, Audrey Chenille Dot Blackout Curtain - Green ($89)
End Table Decor:
- Owl Lamp: Target (shower gift, and I replaced the shade with an $8 find at walmart).
- Moon Bank: Shower gift. I have no idea where she found it.
- Purple Christopher Robin Quote: Etsy Seller "WallBling" ($70)
- Sound Machine: Babies R Us, The First Years Sounds... ($40)
- Owl Bookends: Pottery Barn Kids ($19 on sale). (They don't appear to carry the blue anymore...)
- Faux Wood Mirror: Homegoods ($29)
- Books: All shower gifts
- DIY Headband Holder: Found this on Pinterest (this ended up being free, as I had everything on hand)
- Headbands you saw on the holder: Etsy Seller: "SnuggleBugBowtique" (and omg, these are precious!) (total cost: $45)
- Cool Mist Humidifier: Babies R Us, Crane Cool Mist Drop Shape - Blue ($40)
Changing Table Decor:
- Changing Pad Cover: Amazon.com, Carters Super Soft Dot Changing Pad Cover ($15)
- White Storage Cubes: Target, Fabric Folding Bin - White (shower gifts)
- 3 Owl Photos (on the wall): Handmade, by my sister (free to us). I know she found the wooden frames at Aaron's Brothers.